A difficult question to give a quick answer to! There are SO many different variables that factor into the cost.
- How large is the room?
- Do you need to install a drop (suspended) ceiling?
- What type of star density would you like?
- Would you like the stars to twinkle?
- Will you be using Fiber Optic Filament or Cable?
- How many illuminators do you need?
- Do you need to install room darkening window blinds? (Depending on ambient light)
- Do you need to wire an outlet for the illuminator?
It will be different depending on your personal situation.
That said, We offer excellent prices on fiber optic filament and illuminator. It’s possible to purchase 1000 feet of .50mm fiber and a 110volt illuminator that has a twinkle wheel for less than $500.That would be enough fiber for a small room to achieve a 4 to 1 star ratio!
For the ceiling that we created with the Make A Wish team we used the 64 strand fiber optic cable and a basic illuminator – click here for the Make A Wish project details.